This donation will assist the San Joaquin Pride Center to continue our mission of enriching the body, mind, and spirit of LGBTQ+ individuals in San Joaquin County. Annually, we service over 2,500 LGBTQ+ youth and over 10,000 residents through our various programs.
We do this by:
- Providing clinical services to our LGBTQ+ youth, and broader community through University clinical interns on a yearly basis at no-cost
- Provide successful youth programs in the Stockton and Tracy Unified School Districts
- Providing Outreach and sensitivity trainings for educators, administrators, staff, family members, and so much more of anyone who plays a part in the lives of LGBTQ+ youth and community.
- Regular social events to foster a stronger sense of community, peer support, and networking, in hopes of reducing the feelings of isolation and social disparities.
What we plan to accomplish:
- Broadening our services and capacities to reach deeper into San Joaquin County’s unserved, underserved, and inappropriately served communities.
- Expansion of our Trans Care services to include Legal Services at little to no cost, in-house transition related healthcare services, scholarships/micro-grants, and building out our already established Gender Affirming Garment Program.
- Expansion of our Clinical Services to include LGBTQ+ cultural sensitivity trainings for community clinicians and clinical educators, having the ability to provide peer support certification to Community Based Organizations (CBOs), establish a monthly mental health support groups for our LGBTQ+ community.